Sunday, November 26, 2017

Product Review: Shakeology Greenberry Shake

As I began to focus more on losing weight and getting fit, I found that I am surrounded by people who are working towards those same goals. Maybe you have noticed them on your Facebook timeline too? They take pictures of themselves working out, photograph their healthy meals and love to take selfies with their shakes and smoothies. More often than not, these Facebook friends were hooked in to one of a few multi-level marketing health/fitness companies. They were all experiencing good things in their lives thanks to their company, so why not show it off, right?

One item in the posts that always seemed to be a constant for the people who were really making progress in getting fit was the shake or smoothie. I don't know how anyone can just drink shakes all the time and be happy. I like real food a little bit too much, I guess. But after seeing the pictures over and over again, I thought it was time to at least give them a try and see what all the fuss was about.

One of my Facebook friends with some of the most inspiring Facebook posts, gave me two samples of the Shakeology Greenberry to try. There are lots of flavors of shakes to choose from. I really wanted to try the Greenberry because I didn't want to be drinking a dessert everyday. I wanted something with a healthy, clean flavor that was going to energize me. Out of all the flavor titles, Greenberry was the one that seemed to fit the bill.

Shake #1

For my first shake, I decided to just try it with ice and water as directed. Here's the super simple recipe as noted on the Shakeology website.

Just Greenberry

1 serving Greenberry Shakeology
1 cup water

For the best taste experience, use a blender and add ice. The more ice, the thicker it gets. Enjoy!

Shake #2

For my second shake, I decided to add in a few ingredients to make the shake a bit more interesting. There were a number of yummy sounding recipes to choose from, but I went for one that seemed to add the least amount of added sugar and calories. I simply added some frozen strawberries to the original recipe, adding a few less ice cubes along the way.

Click here for a look at what Shakeology suggests for Greenberry recipes.


After the Tasting: My Takeaways

After two shakes, I have to say that I did really enjoy the shakes. Even without the addition of the berries, the Greenberry shake was enjoyable. The taste was fresh and clean and only a bit chalky, just a slight reminder that I was drinking a powder-based beverage. It was certainly easier, and even a bit less expensive than going down to the local smoothie shop and purchasing a fresh ingredient green smoothie. Unfortunately, the taste wasn't enough to convince me to drink a shake or two every day for a month or more. Like I said at the start, I like real food a bit too much. Would it be worth to have a bag of the shake mix around the house so that I could have a shake or two a week? Maybe. They do taste pretty good. I'm still up in the air about that one.

Have you tried the Shakeology shakes? Did you like them? Did you lose weight with them? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Product Review: Shakeology Greenberry Shake

As I began to focus more on losing weight and getting fit, I found that I am surrounded by people who are working towards those same goals. ...