Saturday, September 2, 2017

Machta Morning Surprise

For the start of the new school year, I decided that it was time to start taking some small steps that could make a big difference in my life and for my family. I've been on a health kick recently and I wanted that to continue. What small step could I take to help make the school year a great one?

That's when I discovered what I call my Machta Morning Sunrise. This delicious beverage, when consumed as a part of my morning routine, helps to wake me up and get me ready for the day. And with only four ingredients, it is easy to make.

The first ingredient is ice cubes. It doesn't get much simpler than that!

The second ingredient is orange juice. Use whichever kind is your favorite. I prefer one with Vitamin D and Calcium added just for an extra boost.

The third ingredient is the most obscure of the items: Machta Green Tea. I use the tea from Steeped Tea, but you can get Machta anywhere these days. There are so many benefits to adding Machta to your diet. Machta is high in antioxidants, helps you burn calories, detoxifies your body and so much more. It comes as a fine green powder so it dissolves and doesn't need to steep.

The last ingredient is seltzer water. It's almost easier than ice cubes. Just get a bottle the next time you are at the store. It's in the soda aisle.

Making your Machta Morning Sunrise is easy too. Just add the ice cubes, orange juice and machta to a leak-proof container and shake it together. When you are done shaking, add the seltzer and you have a refreshing drink to kick off your morning on the right foot!

Note: for my leak-proof container, I use a mason jar. No need for a fancy shaker bottle with a wire whisk if you don't already use one. Really any leak-proof jar will do. The ice will work to help blend the ingredients while you are shaking.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Machta Morning Sunrise

Serves: 1
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: None

Ingredients

  • A handful of ice cubes
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 1 scoop of Machta Green Tea
  • A splash or two of seltzer water
Directions
  • Add ice cubes, orange juice and Machta to a container with a waterproof seal like a shaker bottle or mason jar.
  • Shake. If you are using a clear bottle, look at the bottom of the mixture to see that the Machta is combining.
  • When the Machta is incorporated to the juice and you have a nice foam on the mixture, open the container and add the seltzer water.
  • Enjoy!


Product Review: Shakeology Greenberry Shake

As I began to focus more on losing weight and getting fit, I found that I am surrounded by people who are working towards those same goals. ...